[cisco-voip] applying a second restore to a newly built cluster - license files?

Tommy Schlotterer tschlotterer at netechcorp.com
Tue Mar 18 09:44:48 EDT 2014

Lelio,

Once you install the latest refresh.cop file you do not have to rehost your licenses to upgrade to 9. You can do the following: (per the jump upgrade guide):

Install fresh 7.X server on Vmware (Using the same IP addresses and hostnames)
Install upgrade.cop
Restore your DRS Backup
Upgrade to 9.x
DRS Backup

Create fresh 9.x server – To align your partitions
Restore DRS backup

Thanks

Tommy

Tommy Schlotterer | Systems Engineer