[cisco-voip] MTP for Video?

Erick Wellnitz ewellnitzvoip at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 13:49:47 EDT 2014

9.1.2.10000-28

I'm trying to set up a trusted relay pointfor my VPN phones so that we can
get audio and video from VPN phone to VPN phone.  For security reasons we
are not able to make changes to the ASA to enable direct VPN to VPN
communication. I have plenty of PVDM3 resources available.

If I use a software MTP, audio works as expected.

Here is the 'odd' part.

I only have the option for Cisco IOS Enhanced Software Media Termination
Point.  I can get a hardware MTP to register but it will not even connect
audio.  I imagine I'm missing something obvious. I can't restart the media
streaming app during the day to see f that helps or not.