[cisco-voip] CER ELIN Configuration and E.164

Erick Wellnitz ewellnitzvoip at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 11:54:14 EDT 2014

I think I'm making this more complicated than it needs to be.

I have CER 10.

All of our inbound caller IDs from the PSTN are E.164 formatted.
+13125551212 for example.

When configuring the ERL, this is not a problem.  I can enter +13125551212
for the ELIN.  My translation patterns strip the +1 and prefix 913 to match
the CTI route point for PSAP callback.  In CER, the 913 is stripped,
leaving the 10 digit number 3125551212.

My question is, Is CER 'smart' enough to know that 3125551212 is the same
as +13125551212 in the ELIN?