[cisco-voip] Effect of installing device package on Device Defaults

MManly at TEP.com MManly at TEP.com
Fri May 2 14:38:23 EDT 2014

I had not thought of this extra step to make life that much easier +1!

Thanks Tim

From: cisco-voip [mailto:cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Tim Frazee
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2014 11:20 AM
To: Brian Meade
Cc: Hunt, Frederick; cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Effect of installing device package on Device Defaults

to add to brian's method, What I do for when i need to install device packs or even phone loads, and I dont want to mess with the .cop file changing the defaults, is this
1. start the cop file install via cli or a different browser type. (same browser will look like same session for OS admin) CLI is just easier.
2. just before you start the install of the cop file, with your http browser, goto the device defaults page
3. start the install
4. once the install is complete, press save on the device defaults page. usually the device pack will completely install before the http page times out. pressing F5 will refresh the page and maybe the timer, but it could pull up changes made in the db by the .cop file install.