[cisco-voip] Effect of installing device package on Device Defaults

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Fri May 2 17:30:01 EDT 2014

I like BAT export/import for this.  No manual typing or session expiration
timers to worry about.

Process:

   1. BAT Export Device Defaults (results in TAR file)

   [image: Inline image 1]

   2. Rename TAR file to contain something like "original"

   [image: Inline image 2]

   3. Perform install that modifies Device Defaults (E.g., COP File or SU)
   4. BAT Upload/Download the "original" TAR file as BAT Import (overwrite)

   [image: Inline image 3]

   5. BAT Import the "original" TAR file (override)

   [image: Inline image 4]