[cisco-voip] Which IM&P Clients don't support Directory URI as IM Address?

Jason Aarons (AM) jason.aarons at dimensiondata.com
Fri May 16 11:06:22 EDT 2014

This screenshot below/attached worries me.  New Deployment of IM&P 10.0.1 with Jabber for Windows 9.7.1  Under Presence > Advanced Settings if I change the IM address I get a pop-up warning about  "All clients must be capable of supporting Directory URI as IM Address Scheme. Do not change this setting if you have any clients that do not support the new address scheme"

Basically our sAMAccountName is short name, and our Chat IM Address we want to be email based, and our CUCM LDAP Directory > Directory URI = email

Are any new Jabber clients not capable of supporting Directory URI as the IM Address? Eg Jabber for iPhone/iPad/Mac/Android/Blackberry ? I assume this message is for older software versions?

[cid:image001.png at 01CF70F6.DEE06F70]