[cisco-voip] Cisco 7900 series phone Nessus scan

me at go0se.com me at go0se.com
Wed May 21 17:05:35 EDT 2014

When performing a Nessus scan on a 7970 Cisco phone running
SCCP70.9-3-1SR4-1S code (the latest I can find), it reports the
following "medium" vulnerability:

RomPager HTTP Referer Header XSS

Description

The remote RomPager HTTP server is affected by a cross-site scripting
vulnerability. The server does not properly sanitize the referer
header value when generating a 404 error page.
Solution

Upgrade to RomPager 4.51 or later.
See Also

http://www.nessus.org/u?54798697

I also receive this same vulnerability when scanning a 7961 and a 9951
phone. I've done some googling and don't find anything relevant to
locking this down on a Cisco phone. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Go0se

Help Hopegivers International

feed the orphans of Haiti and India