[cisco-voip] CUCM 8.6 promotion of new pub

TG techguy.ca at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 20:53:24 EST 2014

Brian,
Thanks for your input. It's unfortunate we have to live with it.
Need to know the significance and purpose of TVS restart on subs, as
results are seen without doing it as well. Also does that cause another
reset on the phones?

Ryan,
Maybe you misunderstood it, it is about bulk cert, and not pub recovery.
Do you know of a way to stop phones from resetting just by combining the
cert? We see this being fixed in 9.5 but not everyone is willing to jump
to 9.5 for this gap. Cisco should consider addressing this on 8.6 and
9.1 as well as many customers are using these releases. If your 30k
phones have to take a hit because of cert combining, then that's a big
drawback to this whole procedure of cluster replacements.

Thanks,
TG