[cisco-voip] UCCX 8.5.1sr3 to sr4 to Refresh Upgrade 10.5.1

Heim, Dennis Dennis.Heim at wwt.com
Wed Nov 5 07:55:19 EST 2014

If you have the resources available (time and/or money), my preference is to migrate the environment to an offline environment.  If you have the compute resources do it there, or if not some type of Lab a Service (LaaS). Maybe use Veeam to migrate virtual machines, if you are already virtual (make sure to sure mac addresses to manual prior to copying).

Then you need to determine what you time frame is.. can you lose a few days of: cdr’s, historical reports, etc. Migrating VM’s between environment would need to be worked out. However, that allows you to identify any issues, develop a realistic timeframe for each aspect of the upgrade process. Most importantly, it allows a lot of the work to be done not in the middle of the night.

Dennis Heim | Collaboration Solutions Architect
World Wide Technology, Inc. | +1 314-212-1814