[cisco-voip] Mobile Connect and CDR's

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 13:44:00 EST 2014

So to circle around on this for posterity; I ended up building out a small
dial plan branch for this function per what James suggested, basically

CSS_Mobility_ReRoute_Unrestricted_LD:
1)  Partition: Mobility_Unrestricted_LD -> match on 9.1[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX
or some such

2) Partition: Local_Calling patterns

3) Etc...

And on the remote profile using that CSS for the reroute CSS. While the CSS
name itself doesn't show up in the CDR, the partition
(Mobility_Unrestriced_LD) does show as the finalCalledPartyNumberPartition,
which makes it reasonably trivial to search on. I just have to make sure
these calls are billed to the finalcalledpartynumber (which shows the
internal user extension for the mobility user) rather than
callingpartynumber.

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 11:15 AM, James Buchanan <james.buchanan2 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I wonder if you used a different CSS for the Redirecting CSS if that would
> make it easier. Maybe create a special CSS for this one function?
>
> On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 5:04 PM, Ed Leatherman <ealeatherman at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> I'm trying to figure out how we can identify call legs from Mobile
>> Connect that are going out to long distance destination numbers. We have a
>> number of IT staff with home or mobile numbers that are long distance, and
>> would like to start offering them the capability to use mobile connect to
>> facilitate on-call and other communications needs.
>>
>> Unfortunately this also means I need some way to track utilization and
>> provide bill-back information for internal billing.
>>
>> I can't find any way to identify the final called party number for the
>> remote destination except that it appears to be embedded in
>> OutgoingProtocolCallRef, but the docs just call this a "Globally unique
>> call reference", not sure I want to rely on it.
>>
>> So far the best I can do to pick out these calls seems to be searching
>> for records where the finalcalledpartypartition matches the unrestricted
>> long distance partition name, and the originalcalledpartypartition matches
>> our internal DN partition. Wish there was a cleaner way to report on these
>> that included the remote destination number.
>>
>> Does anyone know of a better way to do this? CUCM 9.1.
>>
>> BTW I am using splunk right now to sift through the records - at some
>> point we will probably have this as part of our real billing software
>> though.
>>
>> --
>> Ed Leatherman

Ed Leatherman