[cisco-voip] UCCX 8.5.1sr3 to sr4 to Refresh Upgrade 10.5.1

Justin Steinberg jsteinberg at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 21:08:02 EST 2014

i'll take a stab at time estimates.  that being said, i have heard of
switch-versions taking much longer or sitting at SELINUX loading for longer
than the typical 15-20 minutes.

checking for existing snapshots before doing anything is really important.
  if there are snapshots that someone left on their from the past, it will
most likely completely hose the upgrade times and make the system extremely
slow.

1. Upload ISOs to DataStore
2. Disable IO Throttle on Publisher
3. Mount 8.5(1)SU4 ISO
4. Upgrade Publisher to 8.5(1)SU4    45 - 60 minutes
5. Switch Version to 8.5(1)SU4 60 minutes (includes switch version process,
reboot, SELINUX loading, services startup)
6. Patch Publisher with RU COP 5 minutes
7. Shutdown Publisher 10 minutes
8. Modify VM Settings: RAM from 4GB to 8GB
9. Power On Publisher 15 minutes
10. Mount 10.5(1)SU1 ISO
11. Upgrade Publisher to 10.5(1)SU1  45-60 minutes
12. Switch Version to 10.5(1)SU1 60 minutes (includes switch version
process, reboot, SELINUX loading, services startup)
13. Rerun the CAD Client Configuration Tool (10 minutes)