[cisco-voip] UCCE 8.5 Backup on MCS

Matthew Saskin msaskin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 21:25:47 EST 2014

Ryan -

What specifically are they trying to back up?  For most environments, a
backup of the AW and HDS databases as well as specific registry hives from
all nodes is all that's needed to back up UCCE.  In practice, it's faster
to rebuild (eg; reinstall Windows, load saved registry hive) than to worry
about trying to do a system restore for an individual server.  Bear in mind
that in any production UCCE install you've got a minimum of 4 servers,
likely many more, each with different roles.  There is no concept of a
system-wide backup per se.

-matthew