[cisco-voip] UCCE 8.5 Backup on MCS

Matthew Saskin msaskin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 16:18:15 EST 2014

I've seen just about everything under the sun used.  Regardless of
solution, backups of the relevant registry hives and HDS DB don't require
anything being taken offline - I've got plenty of 24/7 operations in my
customer base that all back up without issues.  No real risk to backup
software grabbing a registry hive, and even then, this isn't something that
needs to be backed up regularly - for most environments a single registry
backup after install will do the trick unless there are constant changes
(eg; adding/removing PG's, etc.).  As for the AW/HDS or ADS/HDS/DDS, the
only real risk from a SQL backup is slow down of that particular database
instance, which may have an impact on running reports but won't impact the
actual operation of UCCE.

Matthew Saskin
msaskin at gmail.com
203-253-9571