[cisco-voip] Jabber (Everyone) without IM/Presence ?

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Tue Nov 25 11:41:59 EST 2014

I know I have a lot of reading and catching up to do, but I'm wondering if it's possible to deploy Jabber across our organization (even if just for a small pilot) without an IM/presence installation?

If possible, what do I lose? I'm assuming the obvious presence modality options are not available, but are there others?

Would I simply be deploying Jabber as a soft phone client? I'm looking at deploying these for desktops and mobile devices.

On a side note: Do they even make a soft phone any more, ie IP Communicator?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad