[cisco-voip] MRA/Expressway

Grace Maximuangu Grace.Maximuangu at BlackBox.com
Wed Oct 1 12:01:19 EDT 2014

Nick,
I just did this Multi domain deployment and ran into the same issues, you do have the option to Add a Forward Lookup zone to your existing Windows DNS Servers.  You will need to add forward lookup zone for domain.com<http://domain.com> to allow your internal DNS servers to be authoritative for this domain; then once the zone is created, create SRV Records for cuplogin and cisco-uds.

Information for adding forward zone:

DNS Records to add
SRV Record  _cisco-uds._tcp. domain.com<http://domain.com>  --> cucm. Internal.domain.com<http://Internal.domain.com>
SRV Record  _cuplogin._tcp. domain.com<http://domain.com>   --> cups. Internal.domain.com<http://Internal.domain.com>
A Record  voice. domain.com<http://domain.com> à xx.xx.xx.xx(where x is your E)

Please make sure _collab-edge._tls. domain.com<http://domain.com> SRV record is NOT created on your internal dns servers or resolvable by them.

Why do you need record SRV Records for domain.com<http://domain.com> on internal dns servers that are only resolvable internally? Please see here since you are using multiple domains:
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/expressway-series/117811-configure-vcs-00.html

Also as you can see in the MRA Deployment guide on page 11 DNS Records, both Public DNS and Local DNS uses the same domain, i.e. example.com<http://example.com>.  In your case, you are using multiple domains which is why the extra configuration steps.
http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/config_guide/X8-2/Mobile-Remote-Access-via-Expressway-Deployment-Guide-X8-2.pdf”

:-:gm

Grace Maximuangu
Voice Solutions Engineer