[cisco-voip] 3905 gives up on voice VLAN

James Andrewartha jandrewartha at ccgs.wa.edu.au
Thu Oct 9 04:17:51 EDT 2014

Hi,

I've just got some 3905s, and while they get an IP on the voice VLAN,
they then give that up and go back to the native VLAN. I've already
loaded the latest CP3905.9-4-1-0 cop onto our CUCM 8.6.2.

FoxCliLog here, note voice VLAN is 100 and native VLAN is 20:
http://pastebin.com/Mv0cyGvj The switch configuration (CDP voice vlan
100) works fine for our existing 7965/7975s. Oddly it seems to happen
after the IPv6 RA search times out. IP Addressing Mode is set to IPv4
Only in the common device configuration. I'll open a TAC case tomorrow,
but I found some posts online saying people were having trouble so I
thought someone here might have seen this before.

Thanks,

--
James Andrewartha
Network & Projects Engineer