[cisco-voip] 7965s dropping like flies

MManly at TEP.com MManly at TEP.com
Wed Oct 15 09:08:36 EDT 2014

We have experienced a high number of them, upon power up, up, go straight to a steady speaker light (red, I think it is) and nothing more. This is usually after they get physically moved. It has always been after a year of them being in service.

We don't SMARTnet them, so no RMA for us.

This had been unique to the 7965s.

Sent from my Android phone using TouchDown (www.nitrodesk.com)

-----Original Message-----
From: James Andrewartha [jandrewartha at ccgs.wa.edu.au]
To: cisco-voip voyp list [cisco-voip at puck.nether.net]
Subject: [cisco-voip] 7965s dropping like flies

Has anyone seen a high rate of failure from 7965s? Ours have just hit 4
years old, and I've had about 6 (of 250) die then get stuck on the boot
screen in the last month or so. Cisco is happily RMAing them, but I'm
wondering if there's some latent flaw that's coming to light.

--
James Andrewartha
Network & Projects Engineer