[cisco-voip] CUCM and IM&P 10x Upgrade and Parameters

Josh Warcop josh at warcop.com
Tue Oct 28 17:52:08 EDT 2014

First - 10.5 SU1 should be your target release unless you have a compelling reason to go to 10.x.

Generally it is a non issue when dealing with those parameters. CUCM should by default be the higher priority of enterprise and service parameters. When dealing with conflicts most people I have worked with choose to retain the CUCM parameters without exception.

Taking note of the parameters isn't a bad thing but like the document says it'll be overwritten and you'll have to make the choice after the upgrade to change things or not. At that point your changing parameters for the whole CUCM cluster and not just IM&P.

Think of IM&P as simply a supplemental service to the cluster and not a cluster of its own.

Sent from my Windows Phone