[cisco-voip] LDAP search in Jabber for Windows 10.5

Jason Aarons (AM) jason.aarons at dimensiondata.com
Thu Oct 30 15:41:00 EDT 2014

I’m guessing adding a proxyAddress of sip:username at presencedomain.net is the workaround based on testing.  Plus the proxyAddress has to be set for Outlook to work right with presence bubbles.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/jabber-windows/116152-problemsolution-product-00.html

From: Jason Aarons (AM)
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2014 2:10 PM
To: Jason Aarons (AM); cisco-voip (cisco-voip at puck.nether.net)
Subject: RE: LDAP search in Jabber for Windows 10.5

If the msRTCSIP-PrimaryUserAddress is not set in AD, then what does the J4W 10.5 client put in the IM Address field on LDAP searches?I assume it uses email?  We notice some users have the wrong IM Chat address via LDAP searches.

Some users had Lync previously and so they do have the msRTCSIP-PrimaryUserAddress set.  But some did not have Lync before.   I recall all users MUST have the msRTCSIP-PrimaryUserAddress set for LDAP searches.