[cisco-voip] COBRAS Export / Import

Adam Blomfield adman at adman.net
Tue Sep 9 19:38:13 EDT 2014

I have a Unity Connection 9.1(2) server that’s messing up… we tried to
upgrade it to 10.5(1) and it never took. After rebooting to the 9.1(2)
partition the services won’t start correctly, but I can get into the admin
pages just fine. Right now they’re working off the HA pair without too many
issues. I was thinking of using COBRAS to export everything from the 9.1(2)
server and just import into a newly installed 10.5(1) server. My concerns
are how it will handle existing voicemails. They are using an Exchange SIB
configuration. If I don’t restore messages will the new CUC server
recognize the old messages in Exchange, or conversely if I do restore
messages will the recognize the messages and not sync a second copy. Not
sure what the best method to go is here. I’m trying to avoid doing a DRS
restore from before the backup.

-Adam