[cisco-voip] EWS Limits & Throttling Policy

Daniel Pagan dpagan at fidelus.com
Thu Sep 11 12:28:39 EDT 2014

Hoping to get some more detail on this…

Does anyone know if the value for “pvalue” in the command below represents the EWS pageSize parameter?

run cuc dbquery unitydirdb execute procedure
csp_ConfigurationModify(pFullName='System.Messaging.MbxSynch.MbxSynchVoiceMailCountLimit',
pvalue="newvalue"

The UM guide says:

”new value specifies the value of the voicemails count limit that you can view after the paging parameter is enabled. Unity Connection by default manages the first 25000 voice messages per mailbox that avoid any delay in message synchronization between Unity Connection and Exchange server.”

It seems a voice message count of 25,000 is rather extreme, even when including receipts. Should this article be referring to message and item count instead of voicemails? Does the pvalue=”<value>” represent the number of results being requested by Unity via EWS? If so, then is it correct to say the default pageSize value is 25,000, which represents total results per page, and includes more than just voice messages?

Any detailed clarification would be great. This isn’t an issue, only trying to gather more information on Unity’s paged view operation.

Thanks

- Dan