[cisco-voip] 79X0 and Plus Dialing

Nathan Reeves nathan.a.reeves at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 08:23:52 EDT 2014

Just been through this exact scenario.  Basically the phones will show the
+ symbol in the calling lists and on the display on inbound calls, but if
you try and dial the +E164 stored number it will drop the + and dial the
remaining digits.  Basically we just had to setup a TP to allow calling
E164 numbers (without the +).  Note that you also can't enter the + symbol
via the keypad on the phones unlike the newer 79XX phones will allow the
use of * button with an extended press.

The only other issue I've come across (and there was some discussion on
here a week or so ago - still testing), was that ringback wasn't being
played when dialling across a SIP trunk.  I'll update on that one once I
have an outcome.