[cisco-voip] Phone Configuration

Ryan Huff ryanhuff at outlook.com
Tue Sep 30 21:24:25 EDT 2014

The only truly supported call manager way of barging a connected call is barge or cbarge, but they both require a 'button push'. Now if your connected call is offnet, you could potentially do a PLAR on the client phone, so as soon as the off-hook event triggers on the client phone it dials into the offnet conference. If the connected call in onnet, then barge or cbarge are really your options.

If you want to venture into layer 2 of the OSI model however, you could do a SPAN on the ports of the phones that are doing the connected calls and then dump the RTP/signaling stream to the port of the client phone. Not sure if that would work or not, you'd just have to play with it a bit.

Thanks,

Ryan