[cisco-voip] Temp Fail since upgrade

Ryan Ratliff (rratliff) rratliff at cisco.com
Mon Apr 6 10:37:29 EDT 2015

The first place to look is MGCP packets being lost.  Search for “Retry” in the ccm traces similar to:
CCM|MGCPHandler TransId: 1476004 Timeout. Retry#1

That example is from a case in 2008 so what you see may not look exactly the same.  This type of message is an indicator that CCM is resending an MGCP message that wasn’t Ack’d by the gateway.  After 3 or so of those CCM will unregister the gateway and any phones talking to it will get Temp Fail.

Aside from lost messages it could be a RSIP or something that is gateway initiated causing the reset.

-Ryan