[cisco-voip] jabber dual domain question

Erick Wellnitz ewellnitzvoip at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 18:30:24 EDT 2015

I've been labbing this up today and was interested in figuring out what the
difference is between dnscmd, powershell and the GUI because my 2012 R2 box
gave me a warning that MS is going to stop supporting dnscmd in favor of
powershell,
2012 R2 din't like the @, so I used the fqdn of the
dnscmd  /recordadd _cisco-uds._tcp.xyz.com. _cisco-uds._tcp.xyz.com SRV 0 0
8443 cucm1.xyz.com

This can be replicated in powershell by tweaking the MS recommended way to
use the fqdn for the -Name parameter instead of the 'host' section of the
name _cisco-uds._tcp
First add the zone:
Add-DnsServerPrimaryZone -Name _cisc-uds._tcp.xyz -ReplicationScope Domain
Replication Scope options are Domain, Forest, or you can set up a zone file
so the zone is not AD integrated.
Add-DnsResourceRecord -Srv -ZoneName _cisco-uds._tcp.xyz.com -Name
_cisco-uds._tcp.xyz.com -DomainName cucm1.xyz.com -Port 8443 -Priority 0
-Weight 0

The GUI doesn't allow for the creation of SRVs at the root of the Zone like
the command line and power shell do.