[cisco-voip] Conferencing on a Cisco phone

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 09:45:08 EDT 2015

By the way this is called an Ad-Hoc conference, which differs from a
Rendezvous (MeetMe) or Scheduled (CUCM cannot do scheduled).

So, it all depends on two factors then:

1. The identification of each party in the conference as either On Net or
Off Net.  Your PSTN Gateways should be set to OffNet for this reason.
2. The setting in your Service Parameters for Drop Ad Hoc Conference.  The
description is:

This parameter determines how an Ad Hoc conference terminates. Valid values
follow:
Never - The conference remains active a) after the conference controller
hangs, and b) after all OnNet parties hang up. Be aware that choosing this
option means that if OnNet parties conference in OffNet parties and then
disconnect, the conference stays active between the OffNet parties, which
could result in potential toll fraud.
When Conference Controller Leaves - Terminate the conference when the
conference controller hangs up or when the conference controller transfers,
redirects, or parks the conference call and the retrieving party hangs up.
When No OnNet Parties Remain in the Conference - Terminate the conference
when there are no OnNet parties remaining in the conference.
Default is Never.