[cisco-voip] CUBE Network Design

harbor235 harbor235 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 13:34:56 EDT 2015

I have infrastructure setup to provide VOIP services as well as other
services to a multi-tenacy  environment. I want to segregate those services
as much as possible for security reasons.

My question, customer resources are behind a edge router and a firewall, I
want my cube positioned as close to the edge as possible for performance
reasons. Cisco design docs have suggested that for larger sites terminating
SIP traffic on a CUBE that best practice is to position the CUBE inside of
the firewall. My thoughts are a DMZ like structure that connects to the
firewall via two interfaces, inside and outside. This provides several
controlled interfaces for policy enforcement.

I wanted thoughts from the community on real world network design best
practices when aggregating multiple tenancy environments providing VOIP
with CUBE services.

thanks in advance,

Mike