[cisco-voip] jabber directory lookup attributes (UDS)

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Wed Aug 5 10:54:41 EDT 2015

Trying to find a way around the way telephone numbers are stored in our Active Directory so Jabber users can search by DN.

Right now, we're using UDS so that way the experience is the same on premise and off-premise. CUCM is LDAP integrated with Active Directory.

Unfortunately, our telephone numbers are stored as follows: "+1-NPA-NXX-XXXX xYYYYY". (small x is a literal x, big X and Y are 0-9)

The dashes and blank are ignored, but the little x is interpreted as a 9, so in Jabber, a directory search using the user name shows " +1NPANXXXXXX9YYYYY"

For the most part, I can build dial rules to work around this, dropping a whole bunch of digits before dialing so that way only the extension is dialed.

But searching for extensions is gonna be almost impossible since I can't write a directory lookup rule to include the spaces, etc.

I'd like to be able to use the other attributes mentioned here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/10_5/CJAB_BK_D6497E98_00_deployment-installation-guide-ciscojabber/configure_directory_integration.html#CJAB_RF_A590F694_00

I'm just wondering if I simply use "otherTelephone" and "otherTelephone" in the custom LDAP synchronization fields. Will it only take the first one?

Anyone else play with this?

Lelio

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.