[cisco-voip] domains and jabber and presence...

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Thu Aug 20 09:23:33 EDT 2015

I'm needing to use custom domains for our deployment. I want to make sure that our deployment is not affected when/if someone goes and registers our corporate domain with webex. Believe it or not, this is possible.

Right now, I have Jabber working fine with DNS SRV records using myjabber.acme.com, and I want to get IM&P working with mychat.acme.com.

As far as I can tell, I just need to modify the "IM and Presence Domain" in System > Cluster Topology > Settings from datacentre.acme.com (which was used when first installed) to mychat.acme.com

I'd also want to modify the ClusterID to "acmeChatServers" or something like that, since from what I read, users will see this name and use it in searches or stuff like that.

Our corporate domain would remain acme.com.
Our datacentre domain (for physcial installs and DNS entries) would remain datacentre.acme.com.

I would then modify the jabber-config.xml file appropriately to reflect the new IM&P domain.

We're not using certificates at the moment, but I understand I would have to create certificates appropriately.

Any thoughts?

Lelio

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.