[cisco-voip] Any way to invoke / force MTP for CSF devices using device mobility?

Peter Slow peter.slow at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 20:03:30 EDT 2015

Dana,
   Yes, it should definitely be possible to do what you are asking.
You can use the dynamically assigned region to force transcoder
invocation and still get the codec you _want_ by properly configuring
the region setting between the phone and the subsequently allocated
MTP. you would set it up so that the MTP you want to use is available
in the MRGL of the phone, and so that region settings allow for the
selection of the desired MTP in spite of the original cause for media
resource invocation.

I'm happy to discuss this with you further,
Pete
Peter at slow.net