[cisco-voip] Question about Local Route Group feature

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 15:15:13 EDT 2015

Hello!

I actually haven't had to make significant dial plan/gateway changes since
local route group feature got introduced, starting to plan some bigger
changes and think this might be a good tool for me to use.

Right now i'm thinking migration strategies for moving folks onto SIP trunk
from PRI.

If I have a Route List that has:
1. Standard Local Route Group
2. Existing Route Group #1
3. Existing Route Group #2

If a device pool doesn't have anything setup for Standard Local Route
Group, when someone from that pool calls a route pattern referencing this
Route List will it just smoothly go to option #2 or is there some gotcha
i'm not grasping?

My thoughts are to migrate folks by device pool and reuse my existing dial
plan with new SIP trunks added using standard local route group feature and
placed into existing Route Lists as the first option. Folks that have
nothing set for standard local route group just flow through to the
existing options.

This way I don't have as many weird transition route patterns/dial
plans/etc. Eventually I'd get rid of the legacy route groups referencing
PRI's and then i'd be smoothly (mostly) onto local route group paradigm,
which appears to be the way to go anyway.

--
Ed Leatherman