[cisco-voip] Service Provider SIP Trunks

Daniel Pagan dpagan at fidelus.com
Fri Aug 28 16:57:16 EDT 2015

My first step would be to find out the direction of the 500 final response. I would run a ccsip messages debug on CUBE and recreate the issue for determining where the 500 final response is being generated. The User-Agent header should tell you what device is generating it. My second step would be to determine where in the call flow this 500 is being generated. The 500 is a final response, so it's likely going to be after the INVITE and 100 TRYING - but you shouldn't see a 200 OK since that would give you two final responses. Do you see a 180 or 183? If so then I would try to find out if there's an SDP offer or answer in the 1XX provisional.. perhaps the remote SBC doesn't like your offer or answer. Is there a Require: 100rel in the 100, 180 or 183? If so then is your equipment sending a PRACK?

Just a few thoughts that come to mind. Like you, I would also be skeptical of the provider's findings until reviewing the SIP transactions and making sure for myself.

Use the request URI (i.e. INVITE sip:<dialed_num>@<dest-ip<sip:%3cdialed_num%3e@%3cdest-ip>-or-fqdn>) for finding your call and the Call-ID header to track your two call-legs in CUBE.

Feel free to send me SIP debugs off your CUBE outside the email list and after recreating the issue - I can take a few minutes to review them offline.

Dan