[cisco-voip] Prefix failover requirement - Cisco GK and Avaya PBX

vijay bhargav rvijaybhargav at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 05:28:02 EST 2015

Hi Team,

Greetings for the day..!!
I am stuck up in providing a solution and my friend suggested to post my
query in this forum and hence sending email on a ray of hope.

Currently i have a requirement from my customer wherein he needs Failover
to be configured for Voice prefixes.

*Setup in my client:*
We have centralized gatekeeper wherein all other cisco gateways are
communicating along with Avaya PBX. We are using H232 for signalling.

All avaya PBX are configured as the remote gatekeeper with the help of zone
commands

*Sample configuration:*

*gatekeeper*
* zone local Avaya-PBX1 1.abc.com <http://1.abc.com/> 1.1.1.1*
* zone remote Avaya-PBX2 2.abc.com <http://2.abc.com/> 2.2.2.2 1719*
* zone remote Avaya-PBX3 3.abc.com <http://3.abc.com> 3.3.3.3 1719*

* zone prefix Avaya-PBX1 390.....*
* zone prefix Avaya-PBX2 640.....*
* zone prefix Avaya-PBX3 650.....*

*Requirement from the client:*

If AvayaPBX 1 fails or link connection fails then the people dialing
390..... should automatically failover Avaya PBX2. And for this ,
configuration to be enabled via cisco Gatekeeper.

Let me know if you need any more details.

*Note*: I tried configuring prefixes along with gw-priority, however same
needs H323-ID to be suffixed. But Avaya PBX doesnt have H323 ID's

Regards,
VJ