[cisco-voip] Collab summit keynote simulcast on now...

Rob Dawson rdawson at force3.com
Wed Dec 9 08:48:17 EST 2015

I only caught the last half but it was essentially Spark as a voice and video call control platform integrated with all the other standard Spark features, either as a standalone platform or in a hybrid configuration with on-prem infrastructure via Expressway connectors, all accessed through a unified client. Endpoints can register directly via QR code, you can move calls seamlessly between Spark enabled endpoints and across on-prem and hosted infrastructure, ability to use cloud based call term and origination or hybrid model with on-prem T&O, native 25 way multi-party video, self-admin portal, etc. To be sold through the partner channel. The Cisco answer to Skype for Business, Broadsoft’s UC-One portfolio, etc.

Training materials should be coming out Q1CY2016 to coincide with NA roll-out, ROW to follow. Additionally, I think the keynote video will be published today at some point.

I liked it, a lot actually, but I come from a hosted/managed background so my perspective may be a little different.

Rob