[cisco-voip] Self Care Portal / Forwarding / Search Space

Pawlowski, Adam ajp26 at buffalo.edu
Thu Dec 31 11:51:49 EST 2015

Good morning,

	Just had someone point this out to me but I hadn't noticed - the call forward all box on the self care portal appears to let you enter various things checked by some sort of form validation , but not against anything in the UCM. For example, in my installation I must dial 1+10 for NANP national. Call forward all from the keypad times out at 7 digits for local access as it should, , but I can put a 10 digit national number into the portal and it actually takes it and shows up on my screen. When I call through that line, it then routes to the 7 digit number from the first 7 digits and annoys someone else. I can also forward to gibberish numbers, XXXXXXXX, or other things that don't work. Is there some sort of validation for input on this box that I can enable? Did I miss something in setup somewhere? Shockingly this has only come up once over the last couple of years, but, I am surprised to see it behave this way.

Regards,

Adam Pawlowski
SUNYAB NCS

-- Also, happy new year !