[cisco-voip] Any recommendations for FXS/FXO hardware with Cisco Unified CME?

Joel M Snyder Joel.Snyder at Opus1.COM
Wed Feb 11 07:59:50 EST 2015

Folks:

I checked the archives for the past year (searching on ata, fxs, and
analog) and this doesn't seem to be a FAQ.  If I'm wrong, I apologize in
advance.

I was wondering if anyone has specific recommendations for low-density
(2-8 ports) FXS/FXO hardware that they are using with Cisco PBX devices.
  (And I guess T1/E1 as well.)

I know that typical IOS boxes can take modules/interfaces/whatever to
handle FXS/FXO/T1/E1, but I'm trying to put some electrical distance
between the Cisco CME PBX and the phone company to keep environmental
problems (lightning, mostly) from blowing up the PBX.

Cisco themselves seem to have cancelled almost all of their low-end
hardware, leaving us with Sipura/Linksys.  I have had good results with
Audiocodes+Asterisk, but not in the Cisco CME PBX environment.  Does
anyone have boots-on-the-ground knowledge of good analog gateway choices
that play very nicely with Cisco CME PBX?

Thanks,

jms
--
Joel M Snyder, 1404 East Lind Road, Tucson, AZ, 85719
Senior Partner, Opus One       Phone: +1 520 324 0494