[cisco-voip] Unity connection - Voicemail playback

Ryan Huff ryanhuff at outlook.com
Mon Feb 16 15:04:58 EST 2015

Nate,

Admittedly, not very clear.

The design strategy I'm referring to is with the use of Digital Networking (http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab10/collab10/vmessage.html). The intent wasn't to suggest that you could add ad 3rd node to a 2 node CUC cluster.

The reason I didn't suggest forcing a failover in CUC serviceability is because I have seen it cause issues with the IVR, where the conversation service needs restarted on the nodes.

My recommendation for dropping the ports out of the line group was to avoid potential issues with CUC.

Thanks,

Ryan