[cisco-voip] CCNA/CCNP Collaboration certs

Ryan Huff ryanhuff at outlook.com
Tue Feb 24 08:24:21 EST 2015

Generally when Cisco does this, the previous credential is retired and you cannot get new certs in the previous credential after the retire date, only the new credential can be attained at that point.

For those with a valid previous credential, they remain valid so long as the practitioner keeps up with a valid recertification process (via other tests).

If the recertification period lapses, then the previous credential expires and is not recoverable and the practitioner would have to undergo the new credential certification process (in completeness).

Often, you'll see practitioners keep the previous credential through recertification and attain the new credential, to have "dual" of something. You can also take a (usually smaller) migration path and just upgrade the credential you have into the new credential.

Thanks,

Ryan