[cisco-voip] Add new vCPU of CUCM server

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 11:54:35 EST 2015

Great technical point there Dan. I did mean cores and not sockets.  This
conversation has me now wondering about the need to adjust the CPU
reservation in MHz under Resources > CPU.

In the 10.5 OVA it lists the following for the 5000 device option:

The 5000 user node
        Cisco Unity Connection (CUC) configuration that supports up to
	5000 users per node.
	Details:
        - Number of virtual CPUs: 2
           - For Xeon 5600 and 7500 processors - minimum of 2.53 GHz
each (5.06 GHz reserved or
           - For Xeon E7 processors - minimum of 2.4 GHz each (4.8 GHz reserved)
        - Amount of RAM: 6 GB
        - Hard disks: 1 x 200 GB (contains aligned partitions for CUC
application)
        - OS support: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (64-bit)

Source:
http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074348/113178/CUC_10.5_vmv8_v1.5.ova.README.txt

So, would one be expected to adjust the following setting to 5.06GHz or
4.8GHz?  Or simply leave it be?

[image: Inline image 2]