[cisco-voip] Intercluster Trunks

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 10:31:46 EST 2015

Actually, if you have a SIP trunk working already, that's the recommended
method to make two clusters talk anyway.  Do you have a specific reason for
wanting ICT, or is it just personal learning at this point?

The most likely problems for you are:

1. The Device Pool and thus the CallManager Group you select on Cluster A,
is not the same list of CallManagers which Cluster B is pointing at, and
vice versa.

2. The Region settings and thus codec selection is messed up.  H323, unlike
SIP, randomly picks who in the call wins the capabilities argument, causing
a bit of confusion.

3. The CSS on the trunks need to reach the destinations you're trying to
call

4. If globalized +E164 then keep in mind SIP turnks will pass the +, but
ICT will not.  So you need to enter a + in the prefix field right by the
CSS setting on the trunk.

Provide some more details and/or some traces and we'll know more about
what's happening.