[cisco-voip] unity connection full mailboxes - notifying callers

Erick Bergquist erickbee at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 02:30:47 EST 2015

Has there been any update or better way to handle this in 9.1 since
the last discussion in this thread?

Running into this issue on CUC 9.1.1 with a client. Users never check
messages via TUI and aren't getting notified of their mailbox being
over quota due to external messages still being allowed to be left.
They noticed a problem when they deleted messages in outlook and they
weren't being deleted but showing as saved messages or outlook
deleting the message then it showing back up in their inbox because
unity wasn't putting it in deleted items folder.

I can see issue with SMTP notification like others have mentioned, as
that is done via another method and if they aren't using a SMTP
SmartHost at all it requires another messaging interface to be
configured and setup. Some places are getting strict about basic SMTP
relays as well. How does that work with Office365 for instance?

Erick