[cisco-voip] ASA Firewall NAT Configuration for Expressway Traversal

Dana Tong Dana_Tong at bridgepoint.com.au
Wed Jan 21 17:47:01 EST 2015

Hi all,

I've configured my Expressway C & for traversal but I appear to be having an issue on my firewall.

I believe I've configured the Firewall OK but I am still receiving an error. Packet-tracer however shows that the flow should be allowed.

Inbound and outbound calls ring on the VC units but when the call is answered there is no video received in each direction.

The NAT is below, I have an ACL to allow the ports in the firewall guide.

object network Expressway-EDGE_Private
host 192.168.a.b
description Real IP of Expressway EDGE
object network Expressway-EDGE_Public
host 161.x.y.z
description External Interface for Video Conferencing

nat (dmz,outside) source static Expressway-EDGE_Private Expressway-EDGE_Public

I was seeing the following error, but it doesn't seem to be coming up anymore.

[cid:image001.png at 01D0361F.FD7B80C0]

Thanks
Dana