[cisco-voip] cutting the cord... going wireless

Brian Meade bmeade90 at vt.edu
Thu Jan 29 13:32:10 EST 2015

This seems like a really bad idea.  Are there no backup power requirements
for desk phones that now need to be plugged in?

I've done installs for hospitals where all doctors/nurses carried 7925s
which worked well but I would never do full wireless for desk phones.

I would also advise not to rely on Jabber on iPhone/iPod/Android in a
network where anyone will be roaming between APs and talking on a call.