[cisco-voip] LDAP Authentication when CUCM publisher is down.

Daniel Pagan dpagan at fidelus.com
Mon Jul 6 09:45:08 EDT 2015

LDAP authentication is used by Tomcat and isn’t just restricted to the Publisher server - Subscriber nodes handle this as well. DirSync is specific to synchronization of LDAP attributes and only runs on the Pub, so synchronization would definitely be affected if the Publisher is offline. I suggest to check out the Tomcat Security logs off CUCM for more info on user authentication against LDAP and your source of failure.

So to answer your question, LDAP authentication should still work when the Publisher is offline.

For the UCCX agent concern, authentication of agents occur over AXL to CUCM, so if the AXL server is the Publisher, and that’s offline or experiencing issue w/ Tomcat during an authentication attempt by the UCCX agent, then I would imagine seeing a failure. AXL and Tomcat Security logs off the UCM side should shed some light on that problem

As for SSO, I checked w/ my teammate and, in his experience, SSO can be handled by Subscriber nodes assuming the metadata was imported to those servers - authentication occurs against the IdP and not CUCM so this seems logical to me as well.

Hope this helps.

- Dan