[cisco-voip] [cisco-nas] AS5400 More than 256 HDLC channels per CT3 card

Joseph Mays mays at win.net
Wed Jul 8 14:06:36 EDT 2015

This is useful information, but does it allow me to add more HDLC channels to a channel-group in a controller config? The problem I am having is that we add ds1 channels to ds3’s on an AS5400, add channel-gorups and pri-groups to the ds1’s, like so...

controller T1 1/0:26
framing esf
channel-group 0 timeslots 1-15 speed 64
loopback network ignore
pri-group timeslots 16-24
description combo PRI/T1

... and when channel-groups equal to 256 hdlc channels for the particular ds3 card have been added then the following happens....

AS5400#config t
Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.
AS5400(config)#controller t1 7/0:14
AS5400#(config-controller)#channel-group 0 timeslots 1-22 speed 64
%Insufficient HDLC resources to create channel group

So what I specifically need is to be able to add more channel-group timeslots to the ds1’s on the unit. If I add resource pools as shown in your example below, will it allow me to add more channel-groups and channels to a t1 controller config?