[cisco-voip] Nortel 81C / CS1000 SIP Trunk to CUCM 10.5.2

Daniel Pagan dpagan at fidelus.com
Tue Jul 14 09:29:52 EDT 2015

Is your Nortel PBX sending a FQDN in the Contact header? This is important because in 10.5(2) CUCM performs a SRV and A Record lookup on FQDNs contained in a SIP Contact header. If this lookup fails, then expect to see a CANCEL followed by a BYE. I encountered this a few times over the past few months and ended up creating a defect against it. Check out CSCuu84269. If you want, I wouldn't mind taking a quick look at your detailed CCM SDL traces offline and letting you know if you're experiencing this defect. If you are, I'll send you a sample LUA script to use for converting the FQDN to IP address as a workaround which you can use for testing and workaround purposes (... and I can't guarantee this will work for you).

Hope this helps.

- Dan