[cisco-voip] Cisco IM&P user count - total user count or configured user count?

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Wed Jul 15 14:51:46 EDT 2015

I'm reading through the IM&P v9 documents and it's referring to user count maximums and thresholds. I'm wondering how these apply.

Our CallManager v9 setup is LDAP synchronized to our enterprise AD with about 70,000 users being brought into the directory.

Not all of these users will be IM&P users, in fact, only a small portion of them will be.

I'm assuming that the user count maximums and thresholds only apply to configured users, say those with "Enable User for Unified CM IM and Presence (Configure IM and Presence in the associated UC Service Profile)" enabled in the user configuration page.

Do I got it right?

Do the number of phones I have in my cluster have any bearing? Is it just users that are enabled for IM&P?

Thanks

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
Senior Analyst, Network Infrastructure