[cisco-voip] Digicert Wildcard certificates

Ian Anderson ia at andersoi.co.uk
Sun Jul 19 06:27:25 EDT 2015

Hi Nate,

I think that the concern of using wildcards generaly comes from the
security and compliance folks in that if the private key of any of the
servers was to be compromised then the resulting public and private keys
could be used to impersonate any subdomain, e.g e-payments.domain.com..

That said, as long as the customer is aware of the risk then the digicert
is a fantastic option, although a lot of these issues go away in 10.5.

The only app I've had it completely throw a wobble on so far is UCCX 9.0 as
this was checking the CN on certificate upload and didn't like * even
though the server name as in the SAN.

Cheers

Ian