[cisco-voip] UCCE Agent Silent Monitoring

gentoo at ucpenguin.com gentoo at ucpenguin.com
Tue Jul 21 11:26:30 EDT 2015

I'm looking for some guides/sample code for using JTAPI besides the
Cisco JTAPI Developers Guides
(http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/jtapi_dev/8_6_1/jtapidevguide.pdf).

Specifically what I want to do is invoke the startMonitoring JTAPI
function for a target DN when that DN is on a call and a supervisor DN
is not on a call.

I was able to get as far as invoking monitoring, but can't seem to
determine if a DN is on a call in a useful way that monitoring can be
invoked based on the result.  I can see the status of the call, but
can't pass that value outside of the method that sees the status.

The purpose of this application is to allow supervisors to monitor their
agents without needing to deploy MediaSense with a 3rd party add on, or
upgrading to Finesse at this time.  CAD 8.5.4 ES4 for UCCE seems to fail
more than 50% of the time while attempting to locate its VoIP monitor
servers during start up of Cisco Agent Desktop, when this occurs silent
monitoring does not function.

I would also be interested in hearing any reviews of agent monitoring
products (open source or commercial) that make use of the built in
bridge for agent monitoring.  As well as reviews of Finesse under UCCE
and its integrated silent monitoring.

Thanks,
Gentoo