[cisco-voip] IM&P - Jabber for Everyone, MRA and private/public IP addressing

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Mon Jul 27 09:54:49 EDT 2015

Just curious what people's thoughts are about Jabber for Everyone, MRA (via expressway) and private/public IP addressing of the presence servers. I've tried to find some documents that explain things, even in summary format, but with no luck.

My (random) concerns:

- does expressway support third party xmpp clients?

- does expressway support jabber for everyone? (IM&P only)

- does expressway scale to the possibly 25,000 IM users I might have?

- expressway does not support all the on premise features, like file transfer

- do i use private or public IP addresses?
- no real details on how to deploy presence server on public IP but still use expressway for UC

Any ideas or pointers would help... Thanks!

Lelio

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
Senior Analyst, Network Infrastructure